- Nollywood in tears as top cinematographer, Afam Chiazor dies on his birthday
- Mourinho goes to war with Chelsea
- Russia 2018: Rohr rejigs squad with Moses, Success
- Daughter to Trump: You must accept election results
- Biafran Veteran, Captain Gbulie opens up on what agitators should do
- Minister opens art exhibition, hails rich cultural history of Benin Kingdom
- 55 killed, 575 injured as train crashes in Cameroon
- Russia picks wolf mascot for 2018 world cup
- Exclusive Photo! Nollywood super star, Saint Obi sizzles @ #Bowler Hats Bash 2016
- Insider reveals all on Kim Kardashian’s robbery: ‘Don’t kill me!’ She cries
THE Acting Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari, has called on job seekers and members of the public to shun Facebook messages on an alleged ongoing recruitment in the commission.
Semenitari cautioned that the fraudsters, who placed such messages on the Internet were planning to defraud unsuspecting job seekers with such fake advertisement.
The agency’s chief executive officer, who raised the alarm in Port Harcourt on Monday, explained that such fraudsters were using the Facebook notices to mislead members of the public.
She maintained that the interventionist agency was currently not employing and urged job seekers to ignore the Facebook notices, adding that message about NDDC jobs on the Internet should be ignored.
Semenitari also dismissed reports of an ongoing agric loan and youth empowerment programme, saying that none of such programme was currently existing in the commission.
She said, “First, we want to warn members of the public that NDDC is not doing any recruitment at the moment or handing out any agric loan or empowerment to anybody.
“If we were recruiting, it would be properly advertised and applications requested from suitably qualified candidates. We would not be placing any notice to that effect or carrying out the employment on Facebook.
“So, we are warning job seekers against allowing themselves to be duped by scammers.”
Semenitari maintained that NDDC would publicise any job placement in appropriate media channels for public attention.Punch